Ginja gives restaurants all the digital tools needed to set up multi channel online ordering including apps, websites, integrations with delivery providers and payment systems. We are entering a unique phase of product development as we expand across South East Asia and service the hundreds of restaurants that have already signed up for our platform.
Now is the perfect time to join our team of Ninja’s as we strategize and develop what we believe is the next paradigm in food tech. We practice agile processes and encourage a strong culture of participation and mentorship. The team loves quality code and are big believers in unit testing and code reviews.
Ginja’s technology stack is a RESTful JSON API (Laravel) backend, with Ionic 3 and Angular powering our mobile apps and responsive websites. While expertise in specific technologies is important, we place more emphasis on recruiting team members with a balanced understanding of the development process and a hunger to learn and hone their skills.
Ginja’s head office is based in Bangkok, one of the most thriving metropolitan cities in SEA, boasting a incredibly diverse range of international food, friendly expats and unique cultural experiences. Daily life in this vibrant city is both comfortable and affordable, and, when you feel like a change of scenery there are plenty of exotic holiday destinations only a short flight away.
Bangkok is also the hub for Asia’s most innovative start start ups, offering you the opportunity to network and establish connections with innovative tech companies across the region. Join our team and you will work alongside a multicultural group of industry professionals who are committed to building disruptive tech for a global market.
We are recruiting worldwide and will provide some of the cost and assistance with relocating to Thailand.
- Work with the CTO & Director of Engineering to architect scalable web solutions.
- Mentor other developers, encouraging them to develop their skills and expertise.
- Continuously ship real value to the end user.
- Deliver performant, reliable, maintainable and tested code.
- Plan and estimate project timelines and delivery dates.
- Perform daily stand-up meetings.
- Review other developers' code before merging and releasing to production.
- Work towards tight deadlines in a results - oriented environment.
- We hire for skills, not credentials. No degree required. You will, however, need to "wow" us with examples of previous work and during the pair-programming section of your interview process.
- 4+ years experience delivering software in a professional capacity.
- Knowledge of agile (with a lowercase "a") software development practices and concepts such as Scrum, TDD & continuous integration.
- Skills and experience working with backend technologies, preferably PHP 5.6+ / 7.0+
- Experience building RESTful JSON APIs and consuming them via single page web applications, preferably Angular 2+.
- Understanding of patterns and techniques for building responsive, "I can't believe it's not native" hybrid mobile web apps such as data preloading, context-based caching strategies and native wrapper libraries.
- Deep understanding of SCM tools, specifically Git and GitHub.
- Proficient English communication skills, both written and spoken.
To apply for this position:
Email us on [email protected]
with a cover-letter, resume and/or examples of your work.